I got a Nintendo Wii this morning – suh-weet! 😀
The Wii has been out for about 7 months and it’s still ridiculously hard to get one. However, it should start to get easier to find a Wii in the next couple of months since Nintendo said they are ramping up production and are aiming to sell 14 million consoles by March 2008.
Here’s how I got my Wii:
- Friday, April 27 (5:30pm): I stopped by Target (Somerville, MA) on my way home from work to see if they had any Wiis.
- The sales clerk told me they were sold out (what a shocker!) but they should be getting more on Sunday, April 29 (he didn’t know how many they were getting).
- Sunday, April 29 (7:15am): Since Target opens at 8am on Sundays, I got there at 7:15am and there were already 4 people waiting.
- Sunday, April 29 (7:30am): A Target manager came out and gave us tickets to buy the Wii (they had 18 in total) – I got ticket #5.
- Sunday, April 29 (8:05am): I bought the Wii and was on my way out the door.
If you’ve been thinking about getting a Wii, I would recommend getting one – the games are ridiculously fun.