Koolio is written and edited by Calvin Koo. I’ve always had a passion for technology and truly enjoy helping others. So, the goal of this blog is to post about things of interest and, hopefully, pass some knowledge on to my readers so that you can be better informed about tech-related things.
More specifically, you will read about my thoughts and news on technology as well as my hands-on experiences/reviews with specific products. In this day and age it is difficult to find objective reviews about gadgets from people who are not financially motivated to write a “good” review. That’s why all of my reviews will be my honest opinion on those that I have first-hand experience with – i.e., products that I own or have owned. If I post anything about a product that I do not own, I will disclose that in the post. Occasionally, I may rant about things I find annoying, stupid, or idiotic but I promise to keep those to a minimum. 🙂
To give you an idea, here are some of the gadgets I own:
- Apple PowerBook G4 (1Ghz and 512MB RAM) running Mac OS 10.3.9 (I switched to a Mac in 2003 and have been an Apple/Mac fanatic ever since)
- Apple MacBook Pro (2.5Ghz & 4GB RAM) running Mac OS 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard)
- [retired] Custom-built PC (Pentium 4 3.0Ghz, 1GB Corsair RAM, ATI 9800Pro 256MB) running Windows Vista Ultimate
- Dell 20″ Widescreen LCD (2007WFP)
- Apple iPhone 3G (16GB)
- Apple TV
- Amazon Kindle (1st gen)
- Xbox 360
- Home Theater consisting of:
- Panasonic 50″plasma (TH-50PX60U)
- Denon AVR-2807 receiver
- Definitive Technology speakers in a 5.1 setup (BP 7006, CLR 2300, BP1.2x)
- Toshiba HD-DVD player (HD-A1)
- Sony PS3 (40GB) – for Blu-ray movie playback
- RCN HD Cable w/the Motorola HD DVR (DCT 6412 III)
- Logitech Harmony Remote 880
Thanks for visiting Koolio. I hope you enjoy it and come back often.
By the way, if you have any feedback or suggestions for this blog, please post your comments on this page.
You can also reach me via email: koolioblog [at] gmail [dot] com.
January 27, 2007 [edited Oct 12, 2009]